I've finally crossed the finish line and all of my events are done. I entered this project in the Lace Luge and my mittens were in the Mitten Mogul Event.
Pattern: Birds Nest Smoke Ring Cowl
Yarn: Madelinetosh Sock in Dahlia colorway
Needles: Size 5 & 6
Mods: Left out one repeat (my neck isn't that long). I also made an error in the second repeat where I should've moved my marker at the end of a round but completely skipped it. I can definitely see it now that it's blocked out. Can you see it?
Since this is a cowl and is worn bunched up, I wasn't going to sweat it (plus, realizing it about 20 rows later meant that I was NEVER going to knit back to fix it in a million years anyway with all those yarn overs!).
Overall, I really enjoyed this pattern. It has a chart (which would've made me see my boo-boo earlier on) and written instructions so anyone can do it. What I wasn't crazy about was the picot edging. That messed me up more than anything for some reason (and it's so EASY!). Next time I'll just knit a regular edge and crochet a scallop or picot edge on if necessary. Crocheting is SO much easier to rip back and fix for someone like me who can fall asleep while knitting.
I used the same yarn for my SIL's cowl (that was worsted weight though) and the "bleeding" issue was still pretty bad. Three rinses and it was still turning the rinse water pink. Oh well. It's lovely otherwise. I really should email them and let them know that's a bit excessive though.
I'm very pleased to be done for the 2010 Ravelympics. Now I can breathe, rest, and knit whatever the heck I want to, when I want to. It was fun, but I'm ready to be a slouch again. Go Team USA and Go Ravelympians!!