Monday, April 18, 2011

Another One Bites The Dust

When I was going through the stash to put pictures on Ravelry I found my bag with UFO's in it. There's some sweater pieces that are going to "Frog Land", and a few other small projects (a scarf and a double knit potholder) that I plan to get done soon. I pretty much got the urge to empty out that bag and get these things out of the way.

This was in there too:
Pattern: Patchwork Carriage Blanket from "The Book Of Yarn" by Clara Parkes
Yarn: Cascade 220 Superwash in colorways 837, 897, 910.

I started this probably back in 2005. I think a vintage tablecloth inspired these colors but it didn't translate into what I imagined. It's one of those "what the heck was I thinking?" projects. I'm just not into americana stuff (which is what this reminds me of - although it's nice, it's just not what I collect).

Cascade 220 Superwash BLEEDS TERRIBLY (a Shout Color Catcher couldn't even contain all that excess pink!). That's totally why I stopped working on this way back then, I think I had planned to test it before going on - but ignoring it was easier. So I just basically put it "out of sight, out of mind".

Finishing this was one of the projects that took up time and space so I could keep avoiding the amended tax form I needed to get done. (Boy, that sure lit a fire under me).  I'm just glad it's done and out of my bag.  It may go to my Aunt (who loves americana stuff) or I may put it in my future Grandchildren Box.

Happy Knitting!

4 comments:

Cat said...

Must say you did a nice job from what I see, and it will make a nice gift for whomever recieves it!

Cat

Anna said...

I think it turned out great, even if it wasn't what you'd expected.

Yarn Dependent Me said...

I think its quite fun. :)

Lap Dog Knits said...

Beautiful job....the baby will enjoy all the different colors while strolling along in the carriage - lucky baby!!