Thursday, September 10, 2009

Life Lately & Some Knitting

Flu. Darn Flu. The kids. The Big Guy. Me.
Good news is we're on the flip side of it and getting better little by little. Honestly, we've been sicker with the flu in the past but I feel crummy most of the time anyway, and even though I didn't get it as bad as they did, I think it's holding onto me for some reason. Just that really worn out feeling. Dragging. AND, I did everything they said to do and then some: wash hands constantly, clean house (over and over), wash bedding etc. It. does. not. work. Just an FYI. If you're gonna get it, you're gonna get it. "Back to school" was the trigger it needed to just explode here where we live.
The Hello Kitty band-aids and neosporin are for my injured left pinky finger. I cut a nice slice into it over a week ago and it's still trying to heal up. You don't know how much you use that little digit until it hurts to anymore! Typing is now done with 9 fingers. I'm giving it another week, if it's still so tender I think I'll get it checked out. Just a gut feeling now that maybe I should've from the get go.

And miracle of miracles: I've actually gotten things done in the fiber world even though I've had many days of NOT picking up any needles or hooks lately. Twilight Zone moment here. Oh well, just glad some things are getting done.

Chelsea's Nalu Mitts.
Size 1 needles (I think) could be 1 1/2.
Malabrigo Sock - Tiziano Red.
(Sooooo soft to work with. Love Malabrigo Sock.)
Okay, I was pretty sick of all the twisted stitches but they did turn out pretty cool and she loves them. I have no clue when I got these done. Really. Not. A. Clue. I think it was sometime in August.

These are some very soft washcloths for my Mom. I hope she'll use them. Usually she puts them up on things like doilies! She's so funny! I saw this worked up at the new LYS I went by, bought the yarn there, and then later emailed her to ask about the pattern. They were using it for a class so that's why I didn't ask for it while I was there but I figured I bought the yarn there, what the heck right? What she emailed me was very kind, but it was a mess. In crochet, brackets, commas, etc are VERY important to the pattern and it was seriously lacking. I had already found something similar called Crochet Dandy Dishcloth and it worked up the same pretty much. I modified my own edging on the top one using a sc, then dc, then shell stitch border. I actually like my own a bit better! ;O)

Yarn: Jeannee
Size H hook
one ball of the green made both cloths.
After I washed them they got a little bit pilly but I'll fix that before I send them to Mom.

More mitts in the works right now, and a few small things for the holidays like The Big Guys Scarf and hopefully a pair of socks for him.

Happy Knitting! (or Crocheting!)
Ps. Got an Anniversary MAC laptop. Sweet Sweet Man of Mine!!

4 comments:

TinkingDeb said...

I love your fingerless mitts! You have the best taste in both pattern and yarns for these! I really must find the time to try and make a pair!!!

Oh--happy anniversary!!!!

Anna said...

Hope you're feeling back to normal soon! That's a great anniversary gift. I'm hinting to my hubby to get me a laptop, but our anniversary is next week and we're poor. LOL Well, there's still my birthday and Christmas right?

I really, really owe you an email. I miss our chats. ((HUGS))

Dawn said...

Jimmy's been sick too....we thought it was swimming in the smoke from all these fires...then it has continued for over a week and a half....praying I don't get it! Glad you guys are all on the mend...I hate being sick!

Love those mitts, they're gorgeous...might have to queue that pattern!:)

Very cool anniversary gift too...we're so spoiled from our great guys!

NatRed2 said...

It's the back to school flu... used to happen in my house every year it seemed.

Love the mitts...too cute.

That is funny about your mom. My mother in law refused to use some place mats and napkins I sewed and embroidered for her because they were "too nice to use".