Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Photo Meme & BIG NEWS

Dawn tagged me for this photo meme...

Here are the instructions

1. Go to your pictures on your computer
2. Open the 6th folder
3. Choose the 6th picture
4. Show the picture on your blog and write something about it.
5. Invite 6 new people to this challenge.
6. Link to them and let them know they are challenged




Well.
I thought for sure I'd come up with a picture of YARN, or KNITTING, or at the least my KIDS or HUBBY. But of all things it's my two little monsters kitties who showed up! How funny.

Sasha takes after me, she's gotten sort of "fluffy" as she's grown and is big enough to fit in this window all by herself now. Sophie is slimmer but is the shy one for sure. She'll quietly come and lay by me while I type away or knit once in a blue moon but normally she's being held hostage by my youngest all snuggled up in her blankies. Sasha DEMANDS love and attention when she's in the house! You KNOW when she wants love. I do love my kitties, I just wish they didn't destroy everything in their path. We will need new furniture one day, new curtains, and new carpet. Their little claws are T. R. O. U. B. L. E. It's funny, at my knitting meeting last Saturday a couple of people own farms in the area and said people drop off their unwanted pets and it's just terrible. I was sooooo tempted to ask where exactly they lived......

On the FANTASTIC NEWS FRONT, my oldest daughter won FIRST place in her schools Storytelling Contest last night. Talk about Party Down Time! We're absolutely thrilled! More than thrilled really, because this was a last minute kind of thing and it all seems to have happened so fast. Her Creative Writing teacher told her to enter a story she had written the week before, and then bada-bing, she enters, makes the finals, and then WINS! She's one talented little lady and I'm one extremely PROUD Mama!

Of course I already know she's mega talented and could've saved them a lot of time by telling them to just go ahead and hand it over to her from the beginning. You know how it is.

OOOH, and MORE GOOD NEWS!!

I FINALLY won a contest! Un-Be-Lievable! I've entered a lot of things, but very RARELY do I get lucky enough to win. My wonderful and talented friend ANNA (Diary of An Eccentric)hosts a book review blog and often has book give-aways. I won this:

I'm so jazzed. I LOVE to read and I adore Jane Austen books. I've read other sequels by different authors and really look forward to receiving and devouring this one. I love Anna's writing style and all her reviews. Check out her blog and you'll be hooked.

Photo Meme: I pass this along to anybody who wants to try it! I think this is definitely one of the funnest ones out there! I was so curious to see what I would end up with! GO FOR IT!

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Very cool pic!

Tell her congrats...great job on the first place...whoohoo that's so awesome!

Yeah about winning the book too! I won a Woolgirl contest in January and still haven't received the prize. I emailed her to see if my mailman flaked on me and she said she'd get it out to me but still no nothing...weird huh!

Anna said...

Congrats to your daughter. That's awesome!

I emailed your address to the publicist on Tuesday, and she said she was mailing out the book that day. I hope you enjoy it!

NatRed2 said...

I like that pic!

( I have a lot of catching up to do!!)

Tell Eldest congrats!! Storytelling/writing is an amzaing talent! Tell her to keep it up!!