Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Summer Daze

There hasn't been a lot going on in my knitting world lately. Or I should say, not as much as I wish there was! (Preemie hats are on temporary haitus). It would be nice if I could say it's because I've been out skydiving, water skiing, or mountain climbing, (I WISH) but it's only because of my usual health issues, having a harder time with some inflammation, and trying new meds for some relief.

I definitely have a few things on my "to-do" list for the holidays and want to get a jump on things, but that may have to be a "let's wait and see" thing. Slowly but surely I did manage to get my Red Heart Socks done:


Red Heart Heart & Sole Sock Yarn - This says it has Aloe but I personally didn't notice it like I did in another yarn I used a long time ago.
Colorway: Spring Stripe
68 st cast on
I just love this colorway for some reason. I only wish it had more of that bright pink in it. I just washed them and haven't worn them yet so I'm not sure how they'll wear. They aren't as soft as I was hoping, but I still love the colors.

The scarf I started for my Mom has been on vacation too. I've had a hard time trying to find just the "right" pattern for the yarn I chose (Malabrigo Sock). I've printed out tons of patterns, but when I try knitting a swatch, I change my mind again. I know the right one will come along, or I'll have to switch yarns at some point.

I didn't make my last knitting hookup date, I had completely forgotten it was Father's Day weekend!! We went to the in-laws so I hope to make the next meeting.
So, better late than never:
Happy (Late) Fathers Day Big Guy!!! We love you!

4 comments:

bobbi said...

love the socks.
great colorway

Dawn said...

Love those socks! I've been really lax on the knitting too. My socks have a permanent home tucked away in my purse..haven't even looked at them and you know how behind I am on my socks! Am working on the shawl, do a couple rows here and there, think I'm just savoring this Lion and Lamb yarn..so expensive I better enjoy it to the fullest as I'm using it! Haven't spun much either. Hoping you feel better and taking care of yourself.
Love and hugs

Anna said...

Very nice socks! :)

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

bobbi said...

i just stopped by to see if you added anything to your blog site, and i noticed how nice to matched up the socks. good job