Tuesday, July 6, 2010

99 Bottles of Beer On The Wall....

No, we didn't sing it all the way to CA and back, but we thought about it! Ours was a 4 day, 3 night trip there and back, so it made for some long days in the van. But, I enjoyed seeing the scenery changes as we crossed each state! We know that from the interstate you don't see everything that is gorgeous about each place, but still, summertime is a great time to do this type of trip.
The greenery of TN and AR.

The Giant Cross in TX.
This cracked me up, but I'd be the first one in there if I had to be! I can't remember if this was in TX or NM.  These things get to be a blur when you're on the road!
AZ, gorgeous colors and views.
Still in AZ.
Boy is that a change of scenery for us!
Tehachapi - CA.
And at the end of the Rainbow: HOME.

It was so nice to be back in CA. I miss my family, my roots, my friends. I guess my name should've been  "Dorothy" because to me "there's no place like home". ♥

More pics of the trip in the next post.
Happy Knitting!

3 comments:

Prairie Rose said...

Great Pics.
Like the tornado shelter one:)
Isnt going home just the best!
It kinda feels like christmas or something.
When we get close to the old homestead,I am pratically bouncing in the seat and complaining about how slow it seems like my husband is driving:)
The last few miles always seem the longest when you are going home.

Dawn said...

You were near Tehachapi? That's only 40 min. from me? Very sad I didn't get to see you...

bobbi said...

great photos, and yes lacy scarves do count. LOL!!
happy knitting