Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Catching Up

I've been a really slow knitter this year as well as a really slow blogger. Seems I can spend time on Ravelry daydreaming everyday and watching what everyone else is up to - but marking my own progress hasn't been as exciting as it used to be, here or there. Maybe it's because I'm not really knitting anything super duper outlandishly special, but basic necessities, gifts, and simple things.

Here we go with my Simple Parade:

Patterns: Waffle Hat & Noro Fingerless Mitts 
Yarn: Bernat Mosaic in Spectrum Colorway
This yarn is a bit softer than Noro (and machine washable). People have complained of it pulling apart easily but I didn't have that problem at all, just one knot which happens to the best of them. I knit the mitts pretty tightly too so if it was weak, I would've known it. (Maybe there was a bad batch out there). These are for my Auntie for Christmas. She's awesomely Knit-Worthy, she uses everything down to the last thread! ;O)

Next:
Pattern: Hats From The Heart
Yarn: Berroco Jasper
Size 8 needles.
A great Ravelry Buddy sent me this yarn awhile back because I was admiring her hats. I started it (barely cast on) and it promptly got put in (one of) my UFO bags for the longest time. Now that my hubby is golfing come cold weather or not (he has a driving range near his work) I want him to at least be WARM out there. This project was perfect. The Berroco is very soft but I'm going to have to be careful with the care of it. I can see that it will pill quickly since it's loosely spun. Kind of like Malabrigo Worsted.

Onto:
Patterns: Oops. I'm not sure.
I made these for a friend who's expecting a new Grandbaby in the family and I can't remember what patterns I used. I got them done early even though we weren't going to send them out until closer to the due date, I just hate waiting on things for too long or I'll forget.
Yarn: Bernat Cotton Tots - One skein did both projects. I went with a neutral color since we don't know if it's a boy or girl.

Next:
Pattern: Plain Basic Socks (My Favorite)
64 Cast On - Size 1 Magic Loop
Yarn: Knit One Crochet Too Ty-Dy Sock "Crock-O-Dye"
I made these for my Freezing Cold Cousin in Montana. I really enjoyed knitting with this yarn, it's really soft and has a great feel. I may get some for me one day since I have another coupon for my LYS. She wears a lot of black and browns, neutral shades, so I wanted to go crazy with color and look what I ended up picking out? It just shouted at me that it was HER though. Too funny! I must knit her some PINK socks soon.

And:
Scarves for The Special Olympics 2011 to send in for my state. These aren't due until mid January, but again, I'm crazy about deadlines. I hate them. If I know it has to be done, I get it done ASAP. I only managed to get two done, I actually had to return two skeins because I just couldn't cope with using the Red Heart again. Until they've been washed a few times they're stiff as a board, it's just too hard on my hands and I've been having enough trouble with hand pain recently, it's just not good to push things when you hurt that bad. Although I'd love to do more, I figure two is better than none.  

There has been some simple Christmas Knitting that's been done and I wish I could've done more but I can't post those right now. At least I know I'll be back blogging before the year ends - I hope! 
Happy Knitting! 

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Beautiful projects! Thats a lot of work girlie! I need to make some socks one of these days! Keep taking care of yourself...love ya!

Anna said...

You don't seem like a slow knitter to me! These all look good.

I still haven't knit anything this year. So sad. I hope I don't forget how!

Prairie Rose said...

Slow Knitter!!!??!?!?
Whatever!
If you are slow, then I am a snail!
Beautiful projects.
Take care and happy holidays:)

Ariel said...

WOW!!!! You're cranking out some beautiful items!! :-)