Friday, October 24, 2008

Just Socks


But I'm - Oh So Happy They're Done-!

Cat hair attached and all. (They're going to be washed this weekend).

I truly wish the colors would show better in the pictures. This colorway has a funny vibrancy about it, it reminds me of a fairy tale lagoon, with the blues, bits of purple, green, and black. I really like how comfy they feel on my feet too. These weren't an easy sell for me to work up because I've really been leaping away from varigated sock yarns a LOT lately. I'm tired of worrying and fighting with icky pooling or random striping anymore. Semi solids and solids have been beckoning me. But the pooling issues that came about with these were all My fault, not the yarn's. (Take THAT picky knitter!) Cast on amounts make all the difference with some of the varigated yarns, and also how dyers do their thing. It's all a learning process to find what you personally like and I think I finally got that.

Colinette Jitterbug

I think the "Jay" Colorway.

Size 1 Magic Loop needle

64 st cast on

Now to rack my brain on what to knit next!

8 comments:

NatRed2 said...

I think they turned out great! I personally like the pooled look over the striping...but I am a little wonky that way. I bet you get a whole pair out of a single skein don't you?

Dawn said...

Yes sirree! LOL! Since I don't make long socks I always have a nice little golf ball size left over!

I didn't know you liked the pooling? That's so funny!!! I think I've just gotten in a grumbly mood lately and want just plain ol socks! Bah Humbug!!! hahaha!!! I think it's my Leo personality, I'm WAY to controlling! ;O) These yarns test my patience!

Dawn said...

They turned out soooooo great...love the color! Well I did it...its all whacked off! Gonna go post on my blog. Pics were kind of hard cuz had to have Fuji take them for me!:)The gal was sooo nice and I spent a bunch on stuff too! All the boys are gone! I love it, feels kind of weird though! hugs

Dawn said...

I was just wondering how the heck you were going to get pictures of your new Do!! LOL!! I'm sure Miss Fuji was very helpful!!

I LOVE your new cut and I bet you'll never want to go back! Once my gal gave me a "style" I never again went back to longer hair. Maybe it's an age thing?? ;O)
I just felt more grown up!

Congrats on losing weight too! I'm SOOOO JEALOUS!!!! wahhhh Well, at least one of us will be healthy! LOL!!!

Dawn said...

Fuji was oh so helpful...didn't post the ones where she's trying to clean my nose! Was a funny one but blurry!
I even had her put in highlights! Was real nervous about that one, was afraid it'd turn green or make it fall out!:) So love how she did it...the stylists in the salon said it made me look 10 years younger..I just said oh your saying that so I come back...but then I went to the pool to show Jimmy's coaches (had to show someone) and they loved it and said the same thing. Heck ya I'm staying with this cut if I look younger!:) My neck and head have had such pain in it though ever since..maybe the smells and leaning back into that dang sink! Today is a day of rest anyways...bakin and knittin, then eatin and knittin! Thanks for all your support, couldn't have done it without you. You mean so much to me even though you're so far! Thanks for being in my life...hugs

Anna said...

What a great looking pair of socks! I'm not too keen on pooling either, but I don't try to fight it either. I like self-striping sock yarn because you know how much I love that Jaywalkers pattern. ;)

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Jane said...

Hi - love the colour of your socks!

Dawn said...

Anna - those Jaywalkers are still calling to me too, someday I may make the second one I started! LOL!! That is a pretty cool looking pattern!

Wilde Thyme Knits! Thank you so much for commenting! ;) I'm excited to see how your CPHoodie turns out! It's one pattern that I would love to attempt one day. I want to see how you like it done in the Cascade 220 as well! Thanks So much again for taking the time to post!