Thursday, February 12, 2009

More of the Same

Another pair of fingerless mitts for my cousin.

Pattern: Jacoby
Yarn: Dream In Color Smooshy in Black Parade
Size 1 needles
What can I say? You can't go wrong with 2x2 ribbing. These are SO comfy, I've started another pair for her in a softer yarn and will probably keep these for me.

I HAD to switch to a lighter colored yarn (as well as thicker), because all those black fingerless mitts just about crossed my eyes. I plan to make more of these to donate soon to a local chapter of Newborns In Need to distribute. They're quick and easy, just perfect for a tired knitter. Being a preemie myself I know those little people are pretty darn special!

Patterns: Preemie Hats for Charity
Yarn: Bernat Softee Baby in Pink and a Blue Marl colorway. (You can get several hats out of one skein. I've knit two from each colorway and have PLENTY of yarn left for more.)
Size 3 needles. (I had to order a needle to do magic loop, DPN's were making me tired. Darn Fibro.)

I won this cool tool from a friend in one of the yahoo groups I'm in. We play games and I think her hubby may even make these himself. When I first saw it I was baffled at how to use it. Isn't it cute though?


Luckily Janet sent me this youtube video to help me figure it out. What did we ever do before YouTube? I had so much fun and got the hang of it right away. All I have to do now is learn to work on my tension. I was pretty loosey goosey at first but got the hang of it after watching the video more. I can see many possibilities here.

And here is "Sad Pink Sock" still waiting ever so patiently for her turn to be finished. I think I started this a few months ago.

Her mate is already done but the heck if I know where I put it. I may need to make another one in the end! Oh joy! She's going to have to keep waiting too, I have a request for a helmet liner from my nephew in Afghanistan (Army) that I've just started and pray I can finish before it's a zillion degrees there (or he's sent back?).

I have another Rheumotologist appointment tomorrow. I better go drink more water in case they have to take more of my blood. I just hate getting poked over and over. Owwww.


Happy Knitting.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

That Lucet cord thing is weird! I'd never seen anything like that before. Great mitts! Love the baby hats, so sweet! Have a Happy Valentines weekend! hugs

Kay-From the Back Yard said...

Love the fingerless mitts.

Julianne said...

Those mitts are so cute. I need to try to make a pair for Miranda, she is so into those. I love the baby hats. They are so sweet. I can just imagine all the itty bitty heads that will be warmed by them. So how did your docs appt go? Hope good. Love ya, YBF

Anna said...

I hope your appointment went well. Looks like you've been busy on the knitting front!