Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Steppin Out

This is where I was for a bit today, and last week as well. (This trail gives you a glimpse of how all our roads are here in East TN! (Dranamine anyone?)

My latest goal is to try to walk a couple of days a week for now. This one trail is about 3/4 of a mile and it's only a 5 minute drive away from our house. I sold my treadmill last year, it was old, took up a lot of space, and I really prefer to walk outside which is why we sold it. Since I don't get to sleep until the wee hours of the A.M - and don't seem to get out of the house any earlier than to pick up my daughter from school - we decided to go after school. She's a great walking buddy (she holds me to it), and we have so much to talk about after school. Third grade politics are very sensational at times! Plus we're able to get home before my oldest gets off of her bus. This is my second week (I hope I'm not jinxing myself by saying that this is what I want to do). But it's really something I have to do. I'm not a very "healthy" eater, (probably because I can't cook!), but I need to involve more movement in my life than just cleaning the house. Lately I don't feel like doing much of anything, so I hope some sunshine will help that as well. Wish me luck! Maybe I'll get to feeling like I want to use my exercise ball and band set instead of just letting the girls roll all over the floor on it. It could happen.

Of course, it doesn't help your waistline when your hubby brings you this (pecan fudge):


But it sure can make a crazy woman sane!! He's no dummy!!

I also saw this in my latest issue of Creative Knitting:


They're using the same colorway of that Soxx Appeal sock yarn that I did! I like this childs pattern and will get around to making those for my youngest one of these days. They stretch and I know I can get two more socks out of that last ball. I think I knit more patterns out of Creative Knitting than any other magazine I get. I love the range of patterns they put in each issue. I always find at least a few things I'd make (and have) compared to say, Vogue, which I don't think I've knit anything from. Not that I don't like Vogue, I just haven't found anything I'd knit from the patterns they offer.

Gotta go make my Ice Tea (decaf btw). I think we're actually cooking tonight (it's a miracle I know!) and I have to make pilaf as well. Happy Knitting.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

I'm sooo proud of you for walking...if I'd ever get better I'll start walking then back to swimming but oh no I keep getting all this flu/cold junk! I'm soooo tired of not breathing! Tried to take a nap and can't keep my mouth shut! I liked those socks too in the Creative Knitting. I get that and Knit n Style. Although I don't think I've ever knit anything out of any of them. Uhoh you're cooking? ha ha Yummmy what kind of fudge? Last time I had fudge (NOV) on vacation I got soooo sick...imodium/benadryl were my friends! Love ya

Anna said...

I love walking! I'm glad it's starting to warm up so my family can hit the trails. It's so refreshing to get away from the traffic, etc., and just enjoy nature. It's hard to make it a habit, but I know you can do it!

Fudge definitely is good for the soul.

And it's nice to know I'm not the only one who can't find anything worth knitting in Vogue. I had a subscription but never renewed it. Just not my style.

Julianne said...

Hey you, I am so proud of you. I have been saying that I need to start but never seem to find the time to do it. But you are such a motivation that I am going to quit making excuses. It is a mile around our development so now that the weather is nice I am going to start. I really know I should do something especially with this stupid diabetes crap...So thank you for inspiring me into getting my butt in gear. I am so proud of you. And by the way, what a beautiful trail you have to walk on. Hey now I can justify getting a new puppy so I can have company. :-) I may take Nester with me but I don't know how he will do. Poor baby is so old and he can't see or hear. But I think he will like it. I will try..anyways, let me know how you are doing with this and I will keep you posted. I am sure this will also cure alot of our ailments as well...take care and hugs and kisses to all...love ya lots, YBF

Dawn said...

You gals are a great motivator for me! To have support makes it easier to endure! LOL!

Dang Julie, if I still lived in my house there in Fresno we could go walk together! We'd FINALLY live close enough!! Now I think I'm gonna cry!! It's a great neighborhood for walking tho!! Get to it!! LOL!! It's really so much easier once you just get outside. Once I'm on the trail I'm ok, getting there is the hard part! :oP You're lucky you get to just walk out your front door! No excuses!! LOL!!