Thursday, April 17, 2008

M&M Surprise Socks

Hey Dawn! I got my M & M socks done!! My first picot edge socks rock!
Behold the beauty:



They turned out fraternal but I kind of like them that way! They're kind of happy, crazy socks and that keeps right with the joy of them. I used a 64 stitch cast on and they turned out a little tight for me but as USUAL, my oldest claimed them right off the needles anyway! She wears them at night and loves them. I love the picot edge, I have a ball of Opal that I'm going to start tomorrow and I'm going to try to go up to a 72 stitch cast on maybe. I couldn't pull these ones up over my heel! Duh!!!

The yarn is Trekking XXL in colorway 165. Dawn sent it to me in a Christmas package. Thanks Dawn!

Knitting Nite is tomorrow night, my gallbladder ultrasound is Friday afternoon. I hope I make it. I've been so terribly out of it this week. Very tired. Sometimes I think the Fibro (or whatever it is) just kicks my butt. I'm not in tons of pain like I was before, but have felt so run down. I HAVE been sleeping good which is a blessing though.

I haven't walked at all this week. I got VERY discouraged after being so good for 5 weeks and found out at the Dr's office Monday morning that I GAINED 2 pounds.

Talk about depressing. Not only did I lose my knitting mojo, now I gotta get my exercising mojo back too!! Any advice would be appreciated. My Dr's nurse tried to be nice she said "maybe you gained some muscle". Isn't she cute? I know that I have to kick it up a notch and really exercise harder. I've just been trying to go slow in the beginning to gain some strength first and deal with any pain issues that my muscles would suffer. I'm okay, I just gotta stop feeling bummed about those two extra pounds. I mean I gave up PEPSI for gosh sakes!!!



Well, Tomorrow is another day....

4 comments:

Anna said...

I love Trekking XXL!!! Those socks are very nice. I haven't tried a picot edge yet, but I love how they look.

I gave up Coke a few months ago (except for zero and a regular one very rarely) and I did see a noticeable difference in my weight. However, I've felt fatter since I stopped my exercise routine, despite the fact that I still don't drink the soda.

Serena tells me that it takes 30 days to make something a habit. That's a darn long time!

Dawn said...

I haven't tried the picot edge yet either! Love the socks though. That stinks you gained two pounds! But you always weigh more at a doctors office...have you tried at home? Also measure yourself with a tape measure to see inches melt away! Glad Jessica is better...will pray for Richard. Me still not better yet...plus they took me off bp medicine so have been taking it constantly and worrying it will go up. hugs

Julianne said...

Hey you, I love those socks....they are so cute...Well, that is okay about the 2 lbs. You just try again, don't give up. The nurse may be right those, if you are toning up and building muscle then that will cause a weight gain. Don't worry about numbers. That will come...How do you feel? Do you feel like you are losing weight, are your clothes fitting you a little less? That is the best measurement. And not all scales are alike. You should weigh yourself at the same time about once a week on your scale. That way you know it is the same. When you go to the docs, just take it all in stride...it will vary, believe me I know. Anyways, keep up the good work and don't give up k? Love ya lots, YBF

monica said...

I love Trekking It is my favorite mass produced yarn. I love the color of those socks I will have to look for that one.