Sunday, May 25, 2008

What a difference 4 stitches make!

This was the Monkey that I was working on a bit ago and Dawn was absolutely right when she commented about the size of these.
They WERE too small. I couldn't fit my big toe in there (okay, that's an exaggeration but that's what I get for not bothering with gauge-ever). Monkey's need room, they don't stretch much, so make sure and double check your gauge and fit. Some of us (like little ol me) don't seem to learn...

So.....
Here's try number Three:


"Three" because I worked them for a bit with a 68 st cast on and the pooling was close to the Monkey but WORSE imo. Instead of going in a pretty spiral it was straight up and down! Total bad pool. Ick Bad. Could not live with it bad. No pictures of that, I ripped straight away.


Facts: Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock in "Desert Flower" - Magic Loop Size 1's.


These are much more to my liking but still are a bit on the tight side. Good thing my Mom has small feet since they'll go to her now! I'm just off my mark lately.


My favorite Magic Loop is even bugging me! I keep getting ladders no matter what I try. I know Lorna's Laces is a pretty thin sock yarn though, I should stick to DPN's with it. I don't know if the cable on my Knit Picks Fixed Circular is too thick? I pull tight, I get ladders, I don't pull tight, I get ladders. Whatever I do: ladders (see above)! These didn't go away either, this was AFTER their bath!


The Fibro has been kicking my butt bad since late April. The exhaustion and pain have been at least an 8 or 9 on a scale of 10. I slept almost 12 hours (I would say last night but actually it was today since I'm still nocturnal). And any rest I get helps but I hate missing so much of my days. I started taking the Lyrica again and I think it's helping a tiny bit. I really need to find something else for the pain, and a new Rheumy DR to help me figure this out. If I could only get up in time....


Well, Dancing With The Stars is over and I was happy as pie that Kristi won! I was worried there for a bit. I don't usually vote because I'm always disappointed (am I a jinx??) but I voted online for her anyway! I gave up watching Survivor and American Idol awhile back because it was always so frustrating! grrrr Rotten people wouldn't get kicked off and I'd be pulling my hair out, cussing out the TV and driving The Big Guy nuts. It's better that I changed the channel. And that I watch things like "Dancing" that he wouldn't be in the room for if I paid him.


Like Anna, who's not alone in her Ninja Warrior obsession, I'm hooked on shows like Deadliest Catch and Everest: Beyond the Limit on the Discovery Channel. These people (men) are amazing in how far they push themselves. I wouldn't want to do either thing if my life depended on it so it's kind of thrilling to watch someone else live on the edge. I do enjoy some competitiveness now and again though in shows like Project Runway or Top Chef. I love those too. They don't need my votes, it's frustrating at times, but it's still fun to watch. Deadliest Catch marathon starts tomorrow...I hope I can get up to watch it! LOL!!


Hope everyone has had a great Memorial Day Weekend.

To all our troops, past & present -God Bless and Thank You.

2 comments:

Dawn said...

Love the color of the socks! There are some in the knotty knitter group doing the monkey socks...I haven't done them yet. They look really pretty though. Thats odd about the laddering with the magic loop..wonder why? I get ladders with dpn! New rheumi doc sounds like a great idea...gotta get you feeling better chica! love and hugs sent your way

Anna said...

I love those socks. The colors are awesome!!

I don't watch Dancing With the Stars but I used to watch figure skating all the time, and I saw Kristi skate once when I was in high school. She was awesome, I'm glad she won.

I really do hope you get a new doc. I hope you feel better soon!

I spent a lot of my day off watching tivo'ed episodes of Ninja Warrior. I really need to get a life!!