Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Early Thanksgiving!

Tomorrow is a busy day for most of us so I'm posting today to wish everyone a Blessed Thanksgiving. I wish I was able to be with the majority of my family in California, but I'm very thankful that they're doing well, and I know they miss us too. No matter how old I get, I still miss that closeness.

As for myself, I'll be terribly busy eating all the good food that The Big Guy whips up. He keeps with my Grandpa's tradition in taking the reins for holidays (but to be truthful, he cooks most of the time anyway). He loves making all the "Big Things" like the turkey, stuffing, and ham. I do the simple things like salads! (which I can still manage to mess up!) At least I get the Cranberry Sauce all to myself, no one else in this house will eat it? I know! I don't understand it either!

After stuffing myself I'll get back to these:
Some easy going reading and a Christmas Scarf for The Big Guy (which will be hard to do with him around for the next 4 days... I better find something else to knit). I just hope I can keep my eyes open after all that food! I may sleep until Monday!


To all my friends and blog readers (if you're in the states).

Happy Thanksgiving!!

6 comments:

Ariel said...

No one but me eats the cranberry sauce either. WEIRDOS!!!

Dawn said...

ICK, cranberry sauce!

Love the scarf, he's going to love it! What pattern are you using madam?:)

Your CA family misses you too!:)

Love ya and Happy Thanksgiving! Tell Richard, Chelsea, and Jessica Happy Turkey Day too! I'll be thinkin' of ya! Hugs

Julianne said...

Hi...I am following your blog now...I didn't realize I had to click on your blog to show up...Now I have to go back to mine and figure out how to remove myself from my blog. I somehow got it to where I am following my own blog...hahahaha...leave it to me huh..
Well, love you lots and hope you have a great Thanksgiving. I am always thinking and missing you guys...Love you...Julie

Anna said...

In our house, we fight over the cranberry sauce! I think it's cool that your hubby does all the cooking. My hubby made a big deal about making a pumpkin pie, and I'm the one who ended up making it. LOL I'll be doing the rest of the cooking tomorrow myself. Well, I'd rather cook than clean up!

Let me know how you like Confessions of a Jane Austen addict. It's in my pile right now, I just haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Happy Thanksgiving!!

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

NatRed2 said...

My little niece has been making the BEST cranberry sauce since she was 7. I love it! I agree with Ariel...weirdos! And salad cannot be screwed up!!

Just knit it infront of him and pretend it is for someone else...LOL

Happy Gobble Gobble!

Julianne said...

Thanks for the prayers...I really appreciate it. Rachel is doing okay. They released her today and we are thinking of maybe paying her a visit this weekend. We want to wait until she is home and while she is still in Bakersfield. She lives in Ridgecrest but is recovering at her boyfriends house in Bakersfield. That is alot closer than Ridgecrest. Anyways, I will try to post some pics as soon as a I can of my knitting projects. They are just simple scarves. I haven't tried anything fancy yet but I am loving it....I never thought I would...I owe you... :-) Okay, back to work now...love ya, YBF