Friday, October 26, 2007

It's been a nice week...

Here's a couple shots of Hubby's Socks, it's not easy taking pictures of your own feet but I wanted to show the pattern better. (The second picture is more the actual color also). Like I said before these are done with Lorna's Laces Shepard Sock in Charcol. I usually get all my LL from ebay, I don't recall seeing it at my LYS's. Since it's my very first patterned sock I'm pretty darn happy to get them done. I'm a *vanilla ice cream* kind of gal as far as sock knitting goes, I LOVE plain St St to show off yarns (and it's a relaxing knit as well) but I have to admit, as long as I keep the foot part St st, I think I'll love knitting patterned socks.




Here's a pic of the finished Vintage Velvet. It's so shiny and pretty and unbeliveably SOFT. If this wasn't a gift for my Mom, i'd keep it for myself without question!


Obviously the rain did let up (and we really did need it!) so I took the girls to my afternoon knitting meeting at the library and then we went to a little park around here and I let them loose.


Needless to say after being cooped up for a few days - They left me in the dust! But, it was a great day for a nice brisk walk and even though there was a nice breeze and we can "see" some changes:
It just doesn't feel as "fall"-like as it has in the past by now. It's still a tad bit warm, but we'll take the pretty color changes anytime. Happy Autumn.

PS. Happy Happy Birthday Miss C. My youngest is 9 years old now and growing into such a beautiful and spirited young lady. We luv you!

2 comments:

NatRed2 said...

The socks and scarf turned out great!! The socks look more chocolate than charcoal in this picture.

Anna said...

Both the socks and the scarf are lovely.

I can't believe how quickly kids grow up.