Monday, October 22, 2007

TN's 1st Knit Out & Crochet Fiber Festival

I almost didn't make it to this event in Crossville TN. I wasn't feeling great (I know, what's new??!) but it was on the way to my in-laws house (to celebrate my youngest's birthday) and I'm glad I did stop. It wasn't very big, but it's nice that it's going to be an annual event, which hopefully means it'll only get better as time goes on! My girls had some fun:




(I know she doesn't look too excited, but she's that age when I just can't figure her out! LOL! I think she had a good time!!) We saw some interesting things, this made my eyes hurt! Can you imagine??? I'm amazed at what others can do!!


There were tables of exhibits of all kinds of stuff, this fiber festival covered it all, crochet, needlepoint, spinning, knitting, felting, bobbin lace (like above), and so many others!
These bowls were crocheted out of wire, really sturdy and nice.

It seriously gave me withdrawals for wanting to buy yarn, (they can't sell it at this event). And of course all the yarn shops in the area were there (meaning closed!) so I couldn't go shop to fulfill my addiction! LOL!

There was another event in North Carolina I believe that went on the whole weekend. That may be in my future one day too, (I can always hope!) I think that one is more in stream with the bigger ones that go on in other areas with classes, and yarns that you can buy etc. It would be my first time at such an event so it gives me a lot to look forward to!

Our weekend went fine, we ate great ice cream cake and I got some rest once we got back. I finished my scarf and hubby's socks (WOOHOO!) but due to rainy days this week I'm not sure when I'll be able to get good light to take some pic's. It just felt good to make progress since I frogged the whole EZ baby sweater. I can't believe such an EASY pattern kicked my BUTT! Okay, till next time...

SIDE NOTE: A big THANKS to my hubby for going around and taking all the pictures for me (he knew I'd blog a few) so that I could enjoy myself and not worry about it! What a huge sweetie!! I just *heart* that big guy!!

3 comments:

NatRed2 said...

Awesome event Dawn!! I don't remember anything like that when I lived there!!! Ok so I was 9, but still, my uncle was a farmer dude and I am sure he would have taken me to a cool event like that! Beats the cow auctions hands down!

Anna said...

Sounds like you had a great time. Can't wait to see the pics of your FOs.

Dawn said...

I know! It was fun for being so small! Wow! You lived in TN before? How funny! I'm a transplant from CA but am slowly getting used to this being "home". If they keep up these awesome events I'll be a VERY happy camper! LOL!