Monday, June 9, 2008

I QUIT.

Recipe for Disaster:

1- take one tired, pain-ridden little girl
2- let her knit socks for her hubby.
3- expect her to read a pattern correctly.

Mix together and this is what you get:
Hmmmm. What's wrong with this picture?

Do you ever get that achey feeling in the middle of your head when you begin to wonder "why does this sock seem longer?"


I had started on size 3 needles, but then switched to size 2's after working it up for a bit. Well, I DID do the ribbing on the first sock on the SIZE 3's..... But.....something happened on try #2...I completely and totally skipped it all together. Why? I have no idea. I guess in my tired, pained head I was thinking "I already did it".

Sooooo.....do I frog these? No. I'm too disgusted with myself for NOT NOTICING until I was almost done with half the foot part of sock #2. (I POSTED PICTURES of the first sock and NEVER NOTICED it was wrong - and I hadn't even started sock #2 yet !)

I can't rip back that far, I just can't. I don't have the strength. I'm going to just pick up stitches at the top of sock #1 and do some ribbing, No, it won't line up "perfectly", but OH WELL, It's time to move on. If I don't I'm gonna cry. Anyone have any good Father's Day gift ideas?

The pattern (Monogrammed Gentlemen's Socks) was in the February - April 2007 issue of Cast On magazine. I couldn't find the link in Ravelry by doing a search for the pattern but checked with Chrissy Gardiner and she said I should be able to add it when I post a picture (big IF on that one now!). Hmpf.


Pink...I think I need something Pink.

3 comments:

Dawn said...

OH NO! Just got up from a nap and clicked on your blog...I laughed so hard I almost spewed my lemonade! If you had extra yarn you could make one more and see which sock it matched with...also when he wears one out you'll have another!:) I'm one step closer to TN with the trailer!:) One day!:) How's the crock pot going? I wanta do something pink too! If I ever get this lace scarf done thats the color I'm working on too! love and hugs

Anna said...

That stinks! I'm sure hubby would like them anyway. (Remember my hubby wearing the too-big Patriots hat??) And if he's anything like my hubby, he wouldn't even notice! Sending a big ((HUG)) your way. I know how frustrating that can be!

NatRed2 said...

Oh Boy! I hate when that happens... Clearly a "What was I thinking" moment !! I'm with Dawn in that I almost spewed my drink when I read that!!!

Well honey, we can't be perfect everyday!
Your hubby is such a good guy I am sure he will appreciate them anyway, ( unlike some other men I could name).

Your a lucky girl and don't you forget it!