Thursday, July 31, 2008

Early Birthday Fun!

So far I'm 50/50 when it comes to opening things before my birthday!!! My friend since elementary school, Rhonda, sent me my life's prescription: Chocolate! I opened this box early (ahem, I forgot my birthday was coming - getting old stinks). (That's me on the right - cause I know I never show myself on my blog! LOL!) Her box of goodies came with a card that has our picture inside! That was so cool! We took that one last summer when I was in CA. We have fun with our Birthdays because she's 6 days older than me, so I always have to rub that in... We're sticking to 39....I'm pretty sure from now on.

Here's a bigger pic of us from that day:
NOW>>> Miss Dawn sent me this box of goodies!


And I'm SAVING it (Cause The Big Guy bet me $5.00 that I wouldn't be able to wait until my birthday). I only cut open the taped part so far!! This is NOT easy for someone like me, who if there's a present with my name on it anywhere within a 50 mile radius, I'll open it ASAP. I've been that way since I was little (my Poor Mom). Well, He thinks he knows me so well....this time I'm gonna show him! Miss J (my oldest) was ready to bet me $200!!! Now if she only had that much money I'd sure show her! See how well they think they know me!??? I have SOME control for gosh sakes. Just because I have no control most of the time (especially when in a yarn store), when it comes to a bet...that changes everything!!

Yessirreee. I can do it. Now if I can just figure out what day today is.....

5 comments:

Dawn said...

Love the pic of you and Rhonda...you're gorgeous! You should put your pic up more often! Oh man your going to wait till Sat.?????? Shoot I couldn't wait to mail it!:) So wish I could see your face when you open it! Love ya lots!

Dawn said...

LOL!!! I'll have the girls try to get a picture of me opening it! LOL! I hate looking at my pics now...I need to lose at least 35-40 lbs!!! Sob!

I was a LOT darker in that pic too! I got my CA tan! LOL!! I was on the go so much helping my Mom out, but when I'm home, I never get out in the summer time that much! (Humid! Ugh!)

Anna said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(And it was nice to see a pic of you. Now I know what you look like!)

NatRed2 said...

You can do it!!! I have faith in you. Happy Happy Birthday! I can't wait to see what Dawn sent you...she always sends you the best goodies!

I will be expecting to see and picture of you opening your surprise!

Unknown said...

It's nice to be able to put a face to the name :o) I'm glad you had fun for your birthday! Great pictures and your beautiful!!

Hugs,
Rikki